GALLIA-MEIGS COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY
NEWS RELEASE 2023
WINTER CRISIS PROGRAM
Gallia-Meigs CAA is still offering assistance to our customers with their main heating utility and/or furnace repair through our Emergency HEAP Program which began November 1, 2022 and will continue through March 31, 2023. Appointments are still made through our IVR phone number (Interactive Voice Response System), which stills gives the customers access 7days a week/24 hours a day for making their appointment by phoning in. The number is toll free, 1-740-444-4371. Please listen till the end of the recording. At the end you will be given a confirmation number. You must have that for your appointment to be completed. You will also have to have your social security number or client number and your gas and electric account number in order to make your appointment. Please note, an appointment MAY NOT extend a scheduled utility shut-off.
Emergency HEAP provides assistance to households that have had utilities disconnected, face the threat of disconnection, or have 25% or less supply of bulkfuel, or less than 10 day supply of woodor coal. The program allows a one-time payment per heating season to restore or retain home heating. The potential dollar amount will be up to $175 for regulated utilities, up to $750 for unregulated utilities, up to $550 for wood, coal or pellets and up to $900 for propane/fuel oil, etc., and up to 8 cylinders of propane. This will be provided by vendors who are working through our agency.
The income guidelines for Regular HEAP and Emergency HEAP are the same. Documentation verifying ALL household income must be provided when applying for E-HEAP or Regular HEAP. Also a copy of the applicant’s most recent gas/electric bill is required. It is also required that you provide social security cards, for ALL household members. You will also be asked for proof of landlord, including address and phone number. If the grandparents have custody of the children in the home, we will need the custody papers also.
The following income levels by household size should be used to determine eligibility. These income guidelines represent the 175% calculation and are revised annually. Allowable annual income for a 1 person household is $23,782.50 2- $32,042.50 3- $40,302.50 4- $48,562.50 5- $56,822.50 6- $65,082.50 7- $73,342.50 8- $81,602.50. Households with more than eight members should add an additional $8,260.00 per member to the yearly income.
Both Emergency HEAP and Regular HEAP applications will be completed at our main office, located at 8317 SR 7, CHESHIRE, OH 45620.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR REGULAR HEAP AND/OR PIPP ONLY-WE MUST HAVE A SIGNED APPLICATION OF WE CANNOT PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
- Proof of Gross Income for Everyone in the Household
for the Past 30 days
- Wages: Weekly – Last 4 paystubs/ Biweekly – last 2 paystubs
- Utility Allowance/Lease
- SS/SSI/SSD – Bank Statement or Current Award Letter
- PERS/VA/SERS/PENSION – Copy of Current Award Letter
- OWF/TANF- Print Out of the Last Month or Bank Statement
- Child Support received or paid out, (documented proof for the last month)
- Social Security Cards for Everyone in the Household
- Current Heating Bill or Statement (Columbia Gas/Knox, Propane, Fuel Oil, Coal, or Wood)
- Current Electric Bill (AEP or Buckeye)
- If you pay out of pocket for HEALTH INSURANCE, documented proof for 3 months
- Aflac, AARP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc.
- Landlords Name, Address, and Phone Number (if renting)
FOR APPOINTMENT CALL 1-740-444-4371
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR RECEIVING ASSISTANCE FOR WINTER E-HEAP
1. WINTER EMERGENCY HEAP AND PIPP BOTH HAVE 175% INCOME GUIDELINES THIS SEASON.
2. THERE WILL BE NO MORE PHONE INTERVIEWS. WE WILL BE HAVING FACE TO FACE INTERVIEWS AND YOU MUST COME TO OUR OFFICE TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE STARTING THIS YEAR. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTATIONS AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT YOU WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE. MASKS WILL BE PROVIDED AT OUR FRONT OFFICE FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE ONE.
3. WE WILL BE ACCEPTING (4) WALK-INS, MONDAY-THURSDAY AT 8:00AM. THE FIRST 4 WILL BE GIVEN A NUMBER, ALL OTHERS WILL HAVE TO RETURN ON ANOTHER DAY OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.